Responsible disclosure policy
Found a vulnerability? Let us know as soon as possible!
At Decos, we consider the security of our systems a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still be vulnerabilities present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we would like to know about it as soon as possible so we can take steps to address it as quickly as possible. We would like to ask you to help us better protect our clients and our systems.
Please do the following:
- E-mail your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Do not reveal the problem to others until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you have followed the instructions above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and not pass on your personal details to third parties without your permission unless the law requires us to do so.
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will give your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise), and
- As a token of our gratitude for your assistance, we offer a reward for every report of a security problem that was not yet known to us. The amount of the reward will be determined based on the severity of the leak and the quality of the report. The reward varies from a t-shirt, a meet & greet with our security team in our cool office in Noordwijk, to a money amount with a maximum of €1000,-
What is excluded:
- Our corporate website (example URLs of where you can find this are www.decos.com, www.decos.nl and www.decos.in). Any vulnerability that is found can be reported via https://bugcrowd.com/hubspot. If a vulnerability is affecting us or our customers then they will report this to us.
- Our support website joinsupport.decos.com. Any vulnerability that is found can be reported via https://www.freshworks.com/security/responsible-disclosure/. If a vulnerability is affecting us or our customers they will report this to us.
- Our job vacancy website (werkenbij.decos.com). Any vulnerability found can be reported via https://www.afas.nl/.well-known/security.txt. AFAS will contact us if any of the vulnerabilities is affecting our customers or us.
- Other excluded websites:
We aim to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.
Version 2.3 June 9th 2022
Thanks to responsibledisclosure.nl/en for the example of this responsible disclosure.